ATLANTA — Eight graduates of the Andrew Young School of Policy Studies are among the Georgia State University Alumni Association’s 2020 class of distinguished alumni under the age of 40.
The 40 Under 40 program recognizes and honors the most influential and innovative graduates who embody the values of Georgia State. It is now in its third year.
“Our award celebrates the Panthers who are making a difference in their organizations and communities — from government to entertainment, and academia to Fortune 500 companies, and everything in between,” said Christina Million, (MBA ’00) Georgia State’s associate vice president of alumni relations.
The 2020 Andrew Young School honorees are:
- Alex Camardelle (M.P.A. ‘14), a senior policy analyst at the Georgia Budget and Policy Institute
- Anique Hameed (M.P.A. ‘16), alliance development manager, Government Affairs and Policy, at Johnson & Johnson
- Taneisha Lee (M.P.A. ‘11, Ph.D. in Educational Policy Studies ‘16), CEO of Transformative Research and Evaluation
- John Michael Lee Jr. (M.P.A. ‘05), vice president for development and policy analysis at the Southern Regional Education Board
- Wil Lutz (B.S. in Criminal Justice ‘17), placekicker for the New Orleans Saints of the National Football League
- Lillie Madali (M.P.A. ‘13), Smart City program director for the City of Atlanta
- Ashley Matthews (B.S. in in Criminal Justice ‘03, M.S. in Nutrition ‘10), assistant director for patient nutrition services at WellStar Health System
- Kalif Robinson (Honors College, B.A. in Economics ’17), foreign service officer for the United States Department of State
“We are immensely proud of our Andrew Young School honorees,” said Dean Sally Wallace. “Their outstanding achievements highlight our mission to strengthen communities and develop leaders around the world in policy, scholarship and public engagement, and provide inspiration to the students here who are currently pursuing careers that will make a difference in the world.”
The 2020 class of 40 Under 40 alumni will be honored at the 40 Under 40 Awards ceremony and reception on March 26 at The Fairmont, 1429 Fairmont Ave. NW. The event is open to the public. Tickets may be purchased for $40 at pantheralumni.com/40under40. Sponsorships are also available.
Story by Alison Tyrer