Event: Legal Basics for Entertainers, Athletes and Other Creatives presented by Georgia State University College of Law’s Entertainment, Sports & Media Law Initiative
Learn how to set up your entertainment business, what you should know about contract provisions, how to protect your intellectual property and more at this all-day seminar featuring experts in the legal, entertainment and sports fields.
Lunch Panel: The Importance of Understanding the Business and Legal Basics of Your Brand, featuring
- Ludacris, artist and actor
- Rich McKay, president, Atlanta Falcons
- Tom Luse, executive producer, The Walking Dead
- Todd Harris, founder, Hi-Rez Studios
- Frank Ski, host, V-103FM
- Moderated by Mo Ivory, director of the Entertainment, Sports & Media Law Initiative
- Am I a Corporation, LLC or Partnership? How to Set Up Your Entertainment Business
- Don’t Sign That Contract! Important Contract Provisions You Need to Know and Understand
- They Stole My Idea! My Song! My Film! Protecting Your Intellectual Property
- How Do I Keep Up? Legal Implications of Emerging Technologies in Entertainment, Sports and Media
- Opportunity for networking will follow.
When: 8 a.m.–5 p.m. October 13
Where: Marjorie and Ralph Knowles Conference Center
Georgia State College of Law, 85 Park Place NE, Atlanta
Cost: $20 students, $100 general
Registration and more information: Register by Thursday, October 11
6 Continuing Legal Education credits (additional fee of $30) will be offered for the seminar.