ATLANTA – The Georgia State University Alumni Association Board of Directors has selected a new slate of officers and six new members to help support and advance the association’s mission of engaging and enriching the lives of the university’s alumni and students. The organization’s Young Alumni Council also welcomed 12 new members.
“Our new officers bring a real passion for Georgia State and the Alumni Association to their roles, and it will be great to have their expertise and dedication leading the board and collaborating with their fellow board members,” said Christina Million (MBA '10), executive director of the Georgia State Alumni Association. “We’re so impressed by and pleased to have on board our six new directors and all our new Young Alumni Council members. We look forward to the meaningful contributions and connections they make to boost Georgia State and Panther professionals.”
With two-year terms that started on July 1, the new officers of the Alumni Association Board of Directors are:
- Randall Kent (B.S. ’08), chair – Cofounder & chief operating officer of Cypress.io, a leading software testing company, Randall Kent has 15 years of experience across various technologies and in translating business needs into usable and valuable technology. In addition to his commitment to Georgia State’s Alumni Association, Kent’s involved in the community with the High Museum of Art and Park Pride.
- Marcia Oglesby (B.A. ’93), vice chair – Dr. Marcia Oglesby is a veteran educator with more than 20 years of experience, including serving the DeKalb County (Ga.) School District in the Office of Accountability as a research, assessment and grants coordinator and grants and partnership development coordinator. A member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., Oglesby has previously served as an educator and administrator for Palm Springs (Calif.) Unified School District, Alexandria (Va.) City Public Schools, Fulton County (Ga.) Schools, and Atlanta Public Schools.
- Jim Dykhouse (MBA ’75), treasurer – Retired in 1999 from a 30-year career, including as an audit partner, with KPMG, Jim Dykhouse brings a wealth of expertise gained during his distinguished accounting career to the non-profit organizations he works with in his consulting practice. A recipient of the School of Accountancy at Georgia State’s Distinguished Alumni Award, Dykhouse also served as a member and past chair of the school’s advisory board. Additionally, he’s volunteered as the treasurer and past president of United Cerebral Palsy of Georgia and as a board member of the Georgia Independent College Association.
The new members of the Alumni Association Board of Directors, whose three-year terms began July 1, are:
- Imara Canady (B.A. ’08), national director for communications & community engagement for AIDS Healthcare Foundation and chair, Black Leadership AIDS Crisis Coalition
- Alisha Hill (B.A. ’00, M.Ed. ’02), staff development coordinator, Gwinnett County (Ga.) Public Schools
- Andy Kearney (B.S. ’94), senior vice-president customer success, Veriforce
- Carrie O’Brien (B.B.A. ’07, J.D. ’14), partner and chief compliance officer, Arcan Capital
- George Perez, (B.S. ’13), global analyst, Google
- Bryant Springer (B.B.A.' 96), principal program manager supporting Air Force Special Programs in the Defense Business Unit of Microsoft Federal
The Young Alumni Council at Georgia State is a leadership organization dedicated to bridging the gap between the alumni association and the university’s alumni community under the age of 40. On July 1, the following individuals began three-years terms as members of the council:
- Christopher Andrews (M.Ed. ’21), virtual learning specialist, Dekalb County (Ga.) School District
- Charbel Aoun (B.S. ’18), founder & executive director, Georgia FirstGen Foundation
- Karim Badani (B.B.A ’18, EMBA ’22), Franchisee/Territory Developer for Ivy Kids Early Learning Center
- Elon Ciriaco (B.A. ’17), senior global product platform manager, Equifax
- Jonah Echols (B.A. ’18, B.A. ’18), attorney at law, Echols Law Group
- Aparna Joshi (B.B.A. ’11), campaign supervisor – account, Wunderman Thompson
- Teara Mayfield (B.B.A. ’16), director of sales, Procter & Gamble
- Carl McCray (B.B.A. ’16), senior manager of human resources, Delta Air Lines
- Nicholas Mulkey (B.S. ’13), international business manager, City of Atlanta
- Delquis Olivo (B.S. ’11), district director, Georgia Department of Juvenile Justice
- Symeria Palmer (B.A. ’15, B.A. ’15), account director, Development Counsellors International
- Kodasha Thomas (M.P.H. ’18), public health analyst, Tanaq Support Services
Explore the many ways the Georgia State Alumni Association is serving the university’s alumni community by keeping them in touch, informed, involved, and invested at alumni.gsu.edu. Learn about how donor dollars make a daily difference in Panthers’ lives at giving.gsu.edu.