ATLANTA—The Georgia State University Alumni Association has named the honorees in its 2019 class of distinguished alumni under the age of 40.
Started in 2018, the 40 Under 40 program recognizes and honors the most influential and innovative graduates who embody the values of Georgia State.
“There are remarkable doers, creators, innovators, leaders and entrepreneurs — individuals making their mark in every imaginable field — among Georgia State University alumni,” said Christina Million, associate vice president of alumni relations. “The 40 Under 40 awards celebrate the Panthers making a difference in their organizations and communities — from government to entertainment, and academia to Fortune 500 companies and everything in between.”
The 2019 class of 40 Under 40 alumni will be honored at the 40 Under 40 Awards ceremony and reception on March 28 at The Fairmont, 1429 Fairmont Ave., NW. The event is open to the public. Tickets may be purchased for $40 at pantheralumni.com/40under40. Sponsorships are also available.
The Georgia State Alumni Association 40 Under 40 Class of 2019:
- Malory Atkinson (MBA ’15), co-founder and managing partner, Shear Structural
- Yterenickia Bell (B.S. ’11, M.S.W. ’14, M.P.A. ’16), councilwoman, City of Clarkston
- Ashley Blackmon (B.S.N. ’06, M.S. ’12), nurse practitioner, Piedmont Heathcare
- Quintin Bostic (B.S.E. ’12, M.Ed. ’15), undergraduate instructor and research project coordinator, Georgia State
- Ted Bradford (M.S. ’10), partner, Constellations; real estate developer, Gene Kansas Commercial Real Estate
- Lydia Sue-Ellen Chitunya (A.A. / A.S. ’05, B.A. ’10), post-production coordinator, Marvel Studios
- John Clayton (J.D. ’07), government affairs consultant, Georgia Public Affairs
- Susannah Darrow (M.A. ’12), arts and cultural adviser for City of Atlanta, District 2; chief executive officer at Susannah Darrow Consulting
- Donnie Davis (B.A. ’02, M.Ed. ’06), principal, Peachtree Charter Middle School
- Tamieka Davis (B.B.A. ’00), partner, Ernst & Young
- Patricia Dunac Morgan (M.Ed. ’08, Ph.D. ’15), K-12 science, health and physical education coordinator, Fayette County Board of Education
- Nitcelle Emanuels (B.S.’03, MBA ’11), director, global diversity & inclusion, Dell Technologies
- Shalya Forte (B.A. ’04), director of Southeast U.S., Pandora Internet Radio
- Sonyja George (B.A. ’02), associate magistrate judge, Clayton County Magistrate Court
- Andre Greenwood (MBA ’11), vice president, field network management, WellCare Health Plans, Inc.
- John Gunter Jr. (M.S.I.S. ’16), head of threat & vulnerability management, Electronic Arts – EA Games
- Mwoddah Habib (A.A. ’12), academic coach, chemistry and math, Dekalb Early College Academy
- Chris Hardman (B.B.A.’13, M.G.H.M. ’14), director of membership, Georgia Hotel & Lodging Association
- Christian Hill (B.S. ’15), senior director, Changing Our World, Inc.
- Dustin Hillis (B.S.N. ’12), city councilmember, City of Atlanta
- Dustin Holland (MBA ’04), vice president, Better World Books
- Michael J. Ivie (MBA ’10/M.S. ’11), managing partner, head of financial services consulting, Phyton Consulting
- Almeera Jiwa Pratt (B.A. ’13), associate content manager, LinkedIn
- Erinn King (B.A. ’12), strategic communications manager, Delta Air Lines
- Tracie Klinke (J.D. ’08), founding attorney, Klinke Immigration, LLC
- Jatisha Marsh (M.P.P. ’12), regional HR manager, DeKalb County School District
- Omarwalid Noorzada (M.P.H. ’16), clinical research project assistant, The Hospital for Sick Children
- Bhavi Patel (B.A. ’08), vice president of operations and service, Campus Benefits
- Alaina Percival (B.I.S.’02, MBA ’08), CEO and board chair, Women Who Code
- Elizabeth Randall (B.B.A. ’07), vice president, operations, Motor Trend
- Thomas Ryan-Lawrence (B.B.A. 03), CEO, Opinly Inc.
- Josh Sanders (B.A./B.B.A. ’13, P.A. ’14), deals manager, PwC
- Chantel Soverall (B.A. ’04), North America inclusion and diversity recruiting manager, Accenture
- Ben Spears (M.P.A. ’14), senior program associate, The Carter Center
- Dayna Thomas (B.B.A. ’11), owner/managing attorney, The Law Office of Dayna Thomas, LLC
- Joanie Twersky (MBA ’11), senior marketing manager, 5G innovation, AT&T
- Christopher Upperman (B.A. ’09), CEO, Envolve Entrepreneurship (The Libra Group)
- Juanita Velez (M.I.B. ’13), international social media strategist, Delta Air Lines
- Elizabeth Weaver II (B.S.’05, M.S.’09), brains and behavior associate director, Georgia State Neuroscience Institute
- Mackenzie Zorrilla (B.B.A. ’15), international corporate accounting manager, UPS