Georgia State Debuts New Web Presence
Georgia State University debuts its reimagined and revamped Web presence, www.gsu.edu. The site is aimed at making it easier for visitors to find and use information and enabling the university to communicate more clearly and consistently its distinctive value, personality and achievements.
Among many major enhancements to look for are:
- A vastly expanded home page that features a horizontal scroll, enabling the university to highlight key stories and features, provide exciting new student life information and spotlight its eight colleges and schools.
- A focus on social media demonstrating the university’s commitment to further engage with its Web users and the public.
- A new navigational system that aligns the university’s programs and services with the user experience in mind.
- Heightened visual impact and expanded use of multimedia, including videos and infographics, to help users experience Georgia State, its programs and areas of expertise and share its accomplishments in a variety of ways.
- A streamlined Admissions site to get students to the most pertinent information quickly and efficiently.
- An Atlanta Connections site, accessible from the home page, that more closely links Georgia State to the city by providing information about cultural and historic attractions, lodging, transportation and other facts about Atlanta.
- An improved platform that works across most mobile devices.
- A more efficient and collaborative content management system that enables the community to share information across the university.
- A framework that connects stories and presentations that together validate and affirm the distinctive qualities, personality, value and importance of Georgia State.
The debut marks the completion of the first phase of the project to redefine the university’s Web presence, a phase that encompassed all of the institution’s administrative units. The Web team has begun work with Georgia State’s colleges and schools to improve and enhance their Web capabilities in concert with the university’s vision. This phase of the project is to be completed in the fall.
The Web enhancement project is a partnership among Public Relations and Marketing Communications, Information Systems and Technology, and Enablus, an Atlanta-based Web development consulting firm. The support, ideas and involvement of people across the university have been critical to the success of this work. The university’s Web presence, a worldwide window into Georgia State, will continue to evolve and change largely based on the experiences and recommendations of users. The Web team encourages users to check back often to see additional features, upgrades and new storytelling techniques and use the “Feedback” tab on the site to share ideas and suggestions.
The tools, systems and applications critical to the business of the university have not changed in this migration. However their placement within the site may have moved. If you need help as you explore the site, we invite you to call us at 404-413-1390.